Devotions to help you on your journey of healing.

Friday, June 26, 2015

Psalm 77:12 I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds. (NIV)

The Psalmist writes this after he describes his inability to sleep because his brain just won’t stop thinking.  He lays there and thinks about all of his troubles, he’s remembering, he’s writing songs, he’s wondering how the Lord is going to solve his problems… in essence, he has insomnia.  Then a thought clicks and he decides to think about all of the good things of God, all of his works and miracles.  He made a choice to rest his thoughts on the goodness of the Lord.  I bet that’s what he was doing when sleep overtook him at last.


How many times have I laid in bed doing the same exact thing?  Rehashing my history, planning my future, rehearsing details for the next day, thinking about something I would like to create, wondering how God is going to piece together the puzzle of my life….  Could going to sleep really rely on a simple decision to refocus my thoughts?  To let my mind rest on the beauty of God?  Hmmm… can’t wait to try it, which will most likely be tonight.


Lord, your provision for all of the parts of me is overwhelming.  To even include an antidote for insomnia in your word is beautiful.  Let my mind find rest in thinking about your goodness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment