Devotions to help you on your journey of healing.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Job 8:7 “Your beginnings will seem humble, so prosperous will your future be.”

This is an exhortation from Job’s friend.  Job is whining, which is understandable.  A person can only handle so much before, at the VERY LEAST, they have to vent and complain.  Job is first reminded that God does NOT pervert justice.  Justice IS justice, and God is just.  Job is then encouraged to continue to live an upright life and God will “rouse” himself on Job’s behalf.  God will wake-up, He will work, He will ACT.  This is a verb!  God will DO things for you!  So much so, that the things we lament over losing, will seem insignificant to the things we gain in our future.

Am I surrounding myself with friends who remind me of God’s promises? Am I allowing God to dole out justice?  Am I believing in my amazing future?  Am I living a righteous life?  Am I trusting God to work? 

Lord, thank you for my amazing God-honoring friends.  Thank you for taking the burden of judge and justice from me.   Thank you for showing me that I am getting stronger in areas where I have been weak. Thank you for WORKING on my behalf and for orchestrating an amazing future for me and my treasures.  You are so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment