Devotions to help you on your journey of healing.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

1 John 3:18 My dear children, let’s not just talk about love; let’s practice real love. 19 This is the only way we’ll know we’re living truly, living in God’s reality. 20 It’s also the way to shut down debilitating self-criticism, even when there is something to it. For God is greater than our worried hearts and knows more about us than we do ourselves.

Love is an action.  Loving is the fruit of living a God-life.  Love is the antidote for self-criticism.  Gods’ love overrides our guilt, shame and worry.  God’s love knows us intimately.
May I keep God’s love central in who I am becoming.  May it flow easily in and out of me.  May I receive God’s love in every nook and cranny of my being so that I can share it with those around me.  May I sponge up God’s love so fully that I leave drops of its overflowing wherever I go.  May my life be a mess of God’s love.
Thank you God for your unending, undesereved, all consuming, and perfect love.

No comments:

Post a Comment